Majestic Commercial - Terms of Sale
Minimum Orders and Restrictions
- The minimum order quantity is a mixed case of six bottles of wine or spirits or £50 (ex VAT) of beer or cider.
- Purchases of soft drinks and water must be made in conjunction with a purchase of at least six bottles of wine or £50 (ex VAT) of beer/cider and as a rule of thumb must not make up more than 20% of the overall order value.
- Soft drinks and water must be purchased in full cases.
- In the majority of cases we provide a day 1 for day 3 delivery service, Monday to Saturday. Named day delivery can generally be provided - this should be agreed with Majestic store and account management teams. Orders can be placed within Majestic store opening hours. For very large orders or stock outside the core Majestic Commercial range, specific delivery arrangements can be facilitated by your account manager.
- We will do everything we can to accommodate requests for tighter delivery slots but cannot guarantee them. Please speak to your account manager if you have specific timing requirements for deliveries.
- A customer representative must be available to accept the delivery within the agreed delivery window.
In the event that Majestic are unable to deliver a particular product, we will offer the following options:
- Replacement with a product of equivalent style and quality at the same price as the unavailable product.
- Delivery of the requested product as soon as it is available.
Any discrepancies or shortages must be recorded and signed for at the time of delivery by the customer and the delivery driver.
Sale or Return
- Sale or return is provided at the discretion of account managers and must be requested as an option in advance of your order being processed. Your Majestic account manager will work with you to optimise order quantities to avoid unnecessary returns.
- All returned stock must be in saleable condition.
- Returns are to be limited to a maximum of 25% of the original order value.
- Sale or return is not available to accounts that no longer have a trading relationship with Majestic Commercial.
- Details of quantities and products to be returned must be provided by the customer no less than 24 hours before the agreed return date, with the initial order they relate to clearly stated.
- All products sold by the case must be returned in the full, original, sealed boxes or packaging. Single bottles of spirits and wine may also be returned.
- A credit note for the agreed amount will be raised by Majestic within 7 working days.
- All returns must be returned by the customer unless otherwise agreed and handed over to Majestic personnel to ensure mutual agreement of quantities returned.
Wine glasses, Champagne flutes and high ball tumblers are available on a sale or return basis. A £0.83 ex VAT per glass deposit is payable at the time of invoice and refunded on return except in the case of breakage. Glasses must be returned dishwasher-clean and in their original boxes. Chiller Bins are also available for hire with a £12.50 ex VAT deposit, smaller ice buckets for sale with a cost price of £12.50 ex VAT. All the above are available only in conjunction with a minimum order as described above.
Payment Terms for Business Accounts
- Payment is due by the end of the month following the date of purchase.
- All monthly statements will be emailed to the email address provided.
- Payment can be made by cash, cheque, card, Direct Debit or BACS and must include Remittance Advice.
- All invoices should be signed at the point of delivery (N.B. the delivery note which accompanies the goods is also the invoice).
- If a customer fails to pay for the goods on the due date, the whole outstanding balance shall immediately become due. We understand and will exercise our statutory right to claim interest and compensation for debt recovery costs under statutory late payment legislation if credit terms are breached.